Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Grandpa the Gamer

I have had a lot of fun revisiting many of the old games of my past, and sharing my thoughts with all of you.  The first few weeks of writing this blog I was having a blast, and coming up with things every single day.  That all came to a halt on March 4th.  I received a phone call in the morning letting me know that my grandfather had passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack.

I don't want this to be a bummer of a post because I don't think Grandpa left many regrets.  He worked hard and made it well past the years he expected.  He never slowed down, he died on the way to go haul a load of firewood.  But I do want this post to have some relevance, I should mention what he was doing just before.

While all of his grandchildren were video game junkies, Grandpa never really gave in to the games.  That was until he got his very own PC several years back.  Grandpa used that computer for one thing, PC Hidden Object games. Who knew they really made games for octogenarians?  He really was into those games, and it was a bit surreal for me to finally see him as a gamer.  And as he drank his final cup of coffee that morning, the very last thing my Grandpa did in his action packed 83 years was play a video game.

I will miss you very much Grandpa and will see you on the other side.  In the meantime I will be sending you countless numbers of digital victims from my gaming exploits.

I will be back with more content soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment